DCs Slave or Recording outputs?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward

Reaction score
Anyone try both the Slave jack and the Recording jack and compare them?

Recent talk of using the Slave has got me wondering about which would sound better for live use if mic'ing were not an option (if stage volume needs to be super low): which signal would sound more like my amp if fed to the board/PA.

FWIW, the manual says "Recording" faithfully reproduces the amp's vibe, and the "Slave" is a signal directly off the spkr ...but that's it. I'd appreciate anyone's expereince on this!! :)

Edward

I'm in a gigging band and don't have a mic for my DC-2, but I use the recording out to our mixer all the time and it works great.

Hey oinker,

That sounds promising! I am thinking mainly of those times where stage vol really has to be kept in check ...and I hate having to turn down so much that it kills the tone (not to mention I don't care for monitor's tone), but its either that or piss off powers that be. I'll try it one time, thanks!

Edward

A few times I used the amp totally dry>line out>Boss delay pedal>mixer, til my delay died, sounded pretty good, but took a little time to eq on the board. Maybe I'll try that again! :!:

Latest posts

Back