DC3 broken pot

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geenads

Reaction score
my continuing saga with my DC3.. broke the master volume pot on the lead channel last night.. during breakdown at a gig, I must have knocked it against something. I recovered the knob with half the pot shaft still in it. as a temporary measure I could probably carve a slot in the shaft left in the amp and use a screwdriver to adjust the settings, but that's downright ghetto. My nearest Boogie dealer is in 70 miles away in tucson. The last time I took my amp there, they told me it passed the "bench test" and did nothing. I still had the same problem. It turned out to be a blown speaker... I'm the idiot for not figuring that out, but a good tech could have made that rocket scientist discovery quickly. Question is.. how hard is it to replace one of these pots? I'm told that the pots are attached to a PC board. ? Is it best to take it to a authorized tech or try it yourself... any other threads on pot replacment? thanks....

I would just call Boogie. I ordered a pot a few months ago it was under $2 plus shipping. The part # is located on the back of the pot and is most likely listed in your owners manual.

The Master Volume pot is Mesa # 592737.
It is a normal small Mesa pot. I recently replaced the same pot in a DC2 for the FX loop mix. It was very simple.

I do not know of any Mesa ever having a circuit board mounted pot.

Boogiebabies said:
I do not know of any Mesa ever having a circuit board mounted pot.

What about most of the pots on the back of the RK :D

:D

Actually, on the RK only the silver knobs are PCB mounted, ie the loop mixes and the progessive linkage.

thanks all. The knob looks like the ones on my Mk IV. Guess they're not a problem to get either?

Latest posts

Back