DC owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the time line in the front of the 2005 catalog the DC series was introduced in 1990. The Nomads were introduced in 1998. If my memory serves me right, I think that the DCs were discontinued when the Nomads appeared.

It really is sad too, because none of the amps that have taken it's place come anywhere close to the DC series!

I feel the same way about the DC-5 vs. the F-50 (ducking for cover). A friend bought an F-50 that we put side by side for an A-B comparison. He soon sold the F-50 and purchased a DC-5. Note: he also owns a Rectoverb series II. At first I thought the F-50 had a fuller range but then realized that in order to make the comparison fair, or more equal, it was necessary to turn the DC-5 output level up. In doing this that gives it a fuller range. This pretty much equalled out the clean sound but the DC-5's pull for gain gives it the edge. I like for blues. Pull for gain on the clean channel seems more useful than the F series pull for bright. The lead channels are voice differently, but I didn't give one a particular edge over the other. I use the clean channel most of the time. There are basicly four things that give the DC-5 a win for me, the pull for gain, the graphic equalizer, the output level, and the presence control. In the Boogie catalogs they say that the F series was born from the DC series. There is no doubt that they are similar. I just feel that the F series was de-contented to make a certain price point.

I've been ranting for the longest time ,that Mesa Boogie needs to re issue the DC 10, others like the DC 5 or even the whole Series. They're just more musical than the Nomad or the F Series :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) .

If they brought the DC-10 back, and added a solo boost like the rectos, I think they might have an entrant in the contest for best amp ever!!! (of course, a stock DC-10 would most certainly do well in that competition too!!!)

The only thing I ever thought would have been nice on the DC-10 was an adjustable bias, so you can go from 6l6 to el34. I have always wondered what a DC would sound like with el's in it. Other than that I think the DC-10 is a perfect amp, at least for my playing, and tone tastes.

The only thing I ever thought would have been nice on the DC-10 was an adjustable bias, so you can go from 6l6 to el34. I have always wondered what a DC would sound like with el's in it. Other than that I think the DC-10 is a perfect amp, at least for my playing, and tone tastes". I recently purchased a DC 10 combo and had bias pots installed, but did that so that the amp could be biased with non Boogie Tubes. Haven't tried EL 34's yet. Maybe one day I'll try KT 88'S! 8) 8) :wink: :wink:

I've always wanted the gain boost on the clean channel foot switchable as well as a solo boost. That would be the perfect amp for me.

thought it would interesting to put the graphic EQ out of the DC's on the DR or TR and see what happens. That would be ridiculous.

I sometimes stack my MK IV on top of the DC3 for cosmetics and backup..but i'm using the DC3 into the bottom theile cab for sound...

p.s. i bought the fender tele deluxe brand new at age 17 in "76"... obviously didn't think i would live this long.. would've taken better care of her..

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m226/geenads/rig.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, i had no idea the DC series was thought of so highly
It's just a matter of time before we see a DC re issue of some type. 8) 8) 8)

just got done with a four night jaunt of shows with my DC-5. I haven't had it that long and i was really excited to see what would happen. The combonation of my DC-5/Marshall cab and my other guitarists Orange Rockerverb 50/Mesa Cab was amazing. It was the best we have ever sounded together. I see a second one in my future for sure.

Latest posts

Back