dc-5 - stereo setup with power amp, slave vs. loop question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinnies

Reaction score
hey there...i have a dc-5 combo with a carvin ts-100 power amp and an older mesa 1X12" extension cabinet, not sure what model cab i have. my effects unit is a tc electronics g-major (stereo outputs). i'm reading on here about the different uses for the loop and the slave outs. right now i'm using the g-major send into the g-major, with the outputs of the g-major into the loop return of the dc-5 and the input of the ts-100. any other suggestions for getting a stereo rig going here? i'm wondering if using the output of the g-major into the ts-100 is limiting me somehow - the ts-100 is set up in the bridged mode for a 100-watt output, but it's not as loud as the dc-5 side. any ideas? thanks guys...

I'm not understanding your signal chain. Start with the guitar and describe how your set up.

hey there...i have some pedals going into the front (wah, volume, envelope filter, etc). i also have a tc electronics g-major in the loop of the dc-5, with the dc-5 send going into the g-major input. 2 outputs from the g-major go (1) to the return of the dc-5 and (2) to the input of a carvin tc-100 power amp. the carvin powers an extension 1X12".

the extension cab level isn't as loud as the dc-5 level, even tho it's getting powered by the 100-watt ts-100 power amp, and i was wondering if there's a better way to run a stereo rig using this setup...

The effects loop mix knob is like a send level. You need to turn the mix knob up all the way or, even better, mod your effects loop to series to ensure the entire signal from the preamp goes to the Gmajor and then to your power amp.

i'm pretty sure i'm 100% wet on the loop mix, i'll check tho. how hard's the mod? i'll check that out too, thanks...

Latest posts

Back