DC-5 Sickness???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150088076459&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

$1,100....

I bitched about paying $675 for mine.

What makes this one so special? Did I miss something, or did somebody get ripped?

Yeah, that auction went ballistic. There was another DC-5 head up at the same time...I panicked and hit B-I-N for $800, which included a flight case. I'm glad I did! The head is absolutely flawless. I think the guy I got it from was a bit bummed he had a buy-it-now after seeing what the other one finished at.

My first Mesa. Why'd I wait so long?

What's wrong with that?

...not that my having one for almost a decade now and having paid just under 5 bills for one in primo shape has anything to do with it.
:D

BTW, the DCs do come up on ebay occasionally, but still pretty seldom, and certainly farrrr less often as the ubiquitous Mark series. Picking up a DC3, 5, or 10 in good shape is a great "investment" in tone IMHO, as these do not enjoy the immediate "kudos" in the market's eye that Mesa's usual suspects get. Maybe the secret is getting out ;)

Edward

This is why I dont bid on ebay anymore. You know that DC5 had some shell bidding going on. The whole new bidder 1, bidder 2 thing is BS and drawing out all the dishonest sellers and I refuse to bid on anything unless it has a BIN price.

I just picked up a DC3 1x12 combo locally for $400, loving the little bugger.

Back