DC-5 reverb problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzman

Reaction score
The reverb on my DC-5 is not working. When I turn up the reverb knob it is sounding like a gain control.
I disconected the reverb and the amp is sound ok, a little bit sweeter than with the reverb conected but on 0.
Is it a common problem?
Thank you

Check the connections at the amp AND the tank as well. Replace your V5 preamp tube - this is the reverb tube. Not sure what else you can check beyond these. It is both channels that do not have reverb I assume?

MusicManJP6 said:
Check the connections at the amp AND the tank as well. Replace your V5 preamp tube - this is the reverb tube. Not sure what else you can check beyond these. It is both channels that do not have reverb I assume?

The tube in V5 is ok. The reverb problem is on both channels. The connections on the amp are ok. I'll try to open the bag that protects the tank to look there.
Thank you.

I would definitely try another tube in V5. Even new tubes can be bad right out of the box.

Also, when you open up the bag, look for broken wires on the jacks inside the tank. A lot of times, a spring or a wire is broken. It's an easy fix (new tank usually), and is common with any amp that has a spring reverb tank.

Monsta-Tone said:
I would definitely try another tube in V5. Even new tubes can be bad right out of the box.

Also, when you open up the bag, look for broken wires on the jacks inside the tank. A lot of times, a spring or a wire is broken. It's an easy fix (new tank usually), and is common with any amp that has a spring reverb tank.

I tried another tube and it is working fine...

He actually said it IS working now. No need to pull the tank. :)[/quote]

Sorry, when I said it is workig I was talking about the tube. I opened the tank and did not find anything wrong... I just put the tank on the bag, pluged the tank to the amp and the reverb is working again... I don't know what happened. Thank you everybody for the help!

Fuzzman said:
He actually said it IS working now. No need to pull the tank. :)

Sorry, when I said it is workig I was talking about the tube. I opened the tank and did not find anything wrong... I just put the tank on the bag, pluged the tank to the amp and the reverb is working again... I don't know what happened. Thank you everybody for the help![/quote]

Glad you got it working. Are the jacks on the amp or tank or the cable connectors corroded or anything?

MusicManJP6 said:
Fuzzman said:
He actually said it IS working now. No need to pull the tank. :)

Sorry, when I said it is workig I was talking about the tube. I opened the tank and did not find anything wrong... I just put the tank on the bag, pluged the tank to the amp and the reverb is working again... I don't know what happened. Thank you everybody for the help!

Glad you got it working. Are the jacks on the amp or tank or the cable connectors corroded or anything?[/quote]

Yes! I cleaned one of the jacks on the tank. It was not corroded but a little dirty.

Latest posts

Back