DC-5 reverb problem/question.....?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herrball

Reaction score
:?
Hey guys.... new member but long-time boogie user. ( first baby was born 1987 , she was a MKIII Simul short head)

I just picked up a DC-5 and couldn't be happier with the tone but when she arrived, the reverb wasn't working. I checked the cables and they are in, don't know if there is a short. replaced V5 with another tube and still no rev. I asked boogie if the FS needed to be engaged for rev to work but they said no. ( I need to pick up some footswitches thou ;-) )

Any ideas before I bring it in to the shop? I consided just picking up a digital rev ( which would probably cost about as much as the service fee) but I like the benefit of seperate rev settings for lead and rythym.

BTW - the tone on this is incredible. nice spakling clean and that warm , creamy lead sound. I will say its a little more aggressive than my MKIII and I like it as much if not more. ( the MK has EL34's and 6L6's)
I think this is a hidden treasure in the boogie line and suits a guy like me who didn't want too many knobs. I considered a MK4 which is an incredible amp but this DC5 was $500. :)

Any ideas on the reverb?

Herrball

Glad you love your DC ...I certainly love mine for years now!!

Well if it's a known good tube (swap it with your v6, the PI tube) and if still nothing, wiggle the two leads. Mine went out some time ago, coincidentally after having removed then replaced the chassis into the cab. Leads were in, nothing. Swapped tubes, nothing. Tightened rca connector prongs, nothing. Then just started tugging at the wires and she came back! I figure some kind of internal short/break ...maybe. I say that because no problem since then. Go figure. It's worth a try, especially since those leads don't look all that sturdily made to begin with.

Oh, BTW, when you do fix it, try an AT7 tube in the reverb slot ...I like it much better, anyway!

Edward

Latest posts

Back