DC-5 Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swhiteh3

Reaction score
Glad I found this board. What a great resource. I'm using a DC-5 (newer version I think - it had the volume mod resistor on the board and has the metal switches) as my sole amp these days. Years ago I was running a big rack with two Marshall cabs, and I feel so much "cleaner" these days with such a simple rig!

Two questions:

First, does anyone have a manual in PDF form (or similar electronic form) for a DC5? If so, could you post a link here, or E-Mail it to me at <<myusername>>@gmail.com?

Second, I'd like to explore some tone settings that others have had success with, but the Tone Settings database does not seem to include DC series amps. Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!

Scott Whitehead

Hey Scott

The manual can be found here - http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Dual%20Cal%20DC-5.pdf

As for tone settings, obviously it's different for everyone, but with a strat i use the following settings:

Channel 1 - Clean (without the pull boost) - Gain=2, Treble=6, Mid=7, Bass=6, Presence=4, Reverb=3, Channel Master=between 2 and 5 depending on how loud you want to be.

Channel 2 - Chunky rhythm crunch - Gain=5, Treble=5.5, Mid=2.5, Bass=4.5, Presence=4.5, Reverb=2.5, Channel Master=between 2 and 5.

Master volume is always between 5 and 8 :twisted:

At bedroom levels i like to leave the master volume where it is and use the channel volumes to control the level, but have a play around with it :)

The manual has some pretty good tone setting suggestions and is a good place to start.

By the way welcome to the board and congrats on the DC-5. It's my main amp too and i love it! :D

Thanks for the link. How did you find it? On the Mesa Boogie page, I was looking at their list of "Out of Production Products", and they don't like the Caliber or Dual Caliber series at all...

Thanks for the settings suggestions. I always like dialing in someone else's settings and living with them for a while. I feel like every time I sit down with my amp, I end up in the same place tone-wise - like I'm in a tone rut, and I'm not patient enough to explore and give other ideas a chance, so when i can dial in someone else's settings and lock them in for a while (whether I initially like them or not) it's great experience.

I can't wait until my PRS arrives... That's really going to be fun to experience my DC-5 with a new guitar that's so versatile itself.

Back