DC-5 questions: weight, knobs, etc...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikevirok

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm brand-spankin' new to this forum so forgive my newbie-ness.

I was curious as to the actual physical weight of a later-model DC-5 1x12 combo. I'm moving to a 3rd floor apartment and I was curious as to how much easier it would be to lug in comparison to my current 100+lb combo...

I think mine's around 60 lb or so. I don't really have access to a weighing scale, though, so it'd be nice for someone who knows the exact weight to chime in - I wanna know too.

Yeah, I just won a DC-5 on eBay that has a messed up master volume knob too. The seller was able to tell me that the amp weighs about 65 lbs as well as the general dimensions.

Right now, I own an Egnater Tourmaster 4212 (it's the 2x12 combo version of their newest amp). This thing weighs a ton; it comes in at over 100 lbs - a real back-breaker!!! So, I'm glad to be lightening the load a bit with the DC-5. Also, I'm happier to be able to tweak only 2 channels instead of the 4 that were on the Tourmaster. As an acquitted Vetta owner, I used only one channel of the 36 or so programmable channels on that one, so this seems to fit the bill much better for what I need.

I'm a guitar luthier, so getting the master volume knob fixed by my amp guy shouldn't cost a whole heck of a lot. But, I think I might be able to replace it myself. Would anyone know what value the master volume knob on the DC-5 is?

Do you mean the pot, or the knob?

Looking at my DC-5 manual pdf, the part numbers are:

MV knob: #409115
MV pot: #591047

By MV, you mean Output Level, right? Since that's what I'm assuming you're referring to, and not the individual Master controls for each channel.

According to an old price guide I have the DC-5 shipping weight is 62 pounds. But having owned one I believe it is close to that unboxed.

When I pick up my DC-5, it is heavy as ****! And whenever anyone carries it for me, they can't believe that that size of an amp can weigh so much. It feels heavier than 62 lbs. But that's probably because it looks like it should be lighter.

The weight of the Mesa Express 5:50 1x12 wasn't too bad. I think if my options with the DC-5 fall to the wayside I'll go with a new one from the local shop. At least with the 5:50 I was able to play-test for a good hour with my guitars...

Latest posts

Back