DC-5 Head dimensions please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklight_uk

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Does anybody own a DC-5 head? If so i'm looking for measurements as i'm going to build my own head cabinet. How wide, long, high and deep is the head?

I'd love to build this to the same specs as Mesa have but i've yet to come across a DC-5 head.

I would really appreciate any knowledge you guys have, and of course i'll keep you informed with regular picture updates of how i get on!

Thanks

Here's one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-DC-5-Head-Very-nice-unit_W0QQitemZ290237385397QQihZ019QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Blacklight,

I'm trying to do the same thing as you. Already own a DC-5 combo but want a head. Seems we can take the measurments from our combo but need the height. This is info I got from MrMarkIII from this board:

Total exterior height not including the rubber feet.
8.5"
Height of the grill cloth/frame on the face below control panel.
4.25"

Note: This is with a 2.5" chassis height, and a 1/8 (.125)" height strip of foam between the chassis and the grill cloth/frame.
Hope this helps.

I don't know about yours but my combo cabinet is thicker than 3/4". Looks like they added a thin sheet of plywood to make the top, bottom and sides a little thicker. MrMarkIII said this head is only 3/4".

Let me know if you gather any more information on the subject.

Hi MJ Slaughter thanks for sharing!

My cabinet is also slightly thicker than 3/4" but if that's the way they make the heads i'm not gonna second guess it! I'll sit down at the weekend and draw up some blueprints to see how it looks in theory. I'm no expert when it comes to building head cabinets but i'm looking to start building my own amps and this is part of my learning. I'm starting with building the cabinets before i move on to the electronics. It may seem a strange way to do it but i'll be learning the theory while i do this so i can piece together an original circuit and build my own custom made amp!

Ambitious? Me? No! :shock:

Latest posts

Back