Dc-5 Guitar/amp sound advice needed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaper1984

Reaction score
Some Settings for Dc5 metal stuff, would be very appreciated.
This is the kind of sound i'm aiming towards. I know it's impossible to clone a sound, since micpositions, room etc have a big role too. Yes, the amp in the clip is a Dc5 widecombo. I know it since i've mailed with Frank Klepacki that does the tunes in the clip, but i'm too shy to ask for specific settings. Usually producers don't want to "give away" their secrets you know.........
Something similar to this! Any idea what settings this might be? And what guitar/guitar pickups would be ideal for this style?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bo-nAQFhuQ&feature=related#

the guitarsound at 1:31 is the one i'm talking about.

In my experience best way to get a good metal tone out of a DC-5 is with a 4x12 and a guitar with active EMG pickups as they allow you to keep the
bass up without sounding flabby.

These are the settings I use for metal and with the EMG's it stays really tight and percussive

008.jpg

009.jpg

Cool!
I'll try those settings out later.
Gain 8 have resulted in a "beep sounding" kinda thing going on for me when i tried it before.
But maybe i didn't have the master on 3 then, hmm.
I'll try it out! :D
Thanks!!
Post more settings people or tips!
The guitar i use atm is an Ibanez Rg1570 with a Dimarzio Tonezone in it.
I got a lot of rattling from the floating tremolo i think it is, so i probably have to lock it aswell, too improve the tone.
Probably have to work with the room aswell, or put foam around the amp or something.

I've found that the best way to get a tight bass sound, is keep the bass at 2 to 0, and have the lowest eq slider all the way up.

MusicManJP6 said:
LTE said:
I've found that the best way to get a tight bass sound, is keep the bass at 2 to 0, and have the lowest eq slider all the way up.

+1. But, us mortals use passive pickups. :wink:

Yep! I have no experience with active pickups, but with all my guitars that use passive pickups this is the way to go.

Reaper1984 said:
Some Settings for Dc5 metal stuff, would be very appreciated.
This is the kind of sound i'm aiming towards. I know it's impossible to clone a sound, since micpositions, room etc have a big role too. Yes, the amp in the clip is a Dc5 widecombo. I know it since i've mailed with Frank Klepacki that does the tunes in the clip, but i'm too shy to ask for specific settings. Usually producers don't want to "give away" their secrets you know.........
Something similar to this! Any idea what settings this might be? And what guitar/guitar pickups would be ideal for this style?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bo-nAQFhuQ&feature=related#

the guitarsound at 1:31 is the one i'm talking about.

well i can honestly say i'm a BillBoard charted producer/composer & engineer/studio and we've been telling people our gems for ever. For over 20 years we support our community by sharing our "secrets"...
The point is, go ahead and ask him. Worst that could happen is he'd say no.
Right?
Live a little... :)

After having fiddled with my DC-5, I can say that the only way to really do metal is by way of a 4x12. There are metal tones in there... I too get my best clarity with EMGs. For metal, though, you don't need gain as much as you need volume. My opinion anyway.

Back