DC-3 vs. Maverick?!?!?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I really love my Maverick! But, I find myself wanting more distortion.

Would you rather have a Maverick or a DC-3?????

I have a super modded Heartbreaker, and a DC-10, but there just seems to be a tiny bit of sustain and overdrive missing from the Mav.
The cleans and reverb are phenomenal though!!!!!!!!!!

If I had to pick one, I would go DC-3, even though I've never tried one! I had a Mav, and the cleans were great, but I never liked the OD channel. Knowing what I know about the DC-10 lead channel, I will bet that it sounds great with the EL84 power section!

I love my Mavericks but if you really need more distortion unless you use a pedal definetly you need to change to another amp, DC series are great. The cleans on the Maverick are the best to me and I like a lot the distortion, even more I love to crank the clean channel (gain and mid high) and control de distortion with the volume and attach, great amp in the 4x10 format to me.

:lol: Looks like I need to beef up the OD channel on the Mav or mod the cleans and reverb on a 3! :lol:
I hate pedals, although I use a Ground Control Pro and G-Major II.

The problem with modding the 3 is that the power amp and power supply are completely different.
Guess I'll have some more Maverick mods to post on the site soon!

Back