DC-3 Grief

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just got a call from my amp guy. He claims to have fixed the problem. I hope he got it right after he's had the thing for almost a month.

I'm reserving judgment until I've played it. Picking it up after work this evening.

He said the eq slider was bad, as was the EQ inductor. I have no idea what that is or what it's supposed to do, but since it's connected with the EQ, I hope it helps fix this. He also put a new JJ pre-amp tube in V4.

I'll post back after I've worked the amp for a while.

UPDATE: In a nutshell - the guy did good. The amp is working fine, and my problem has been solved. EQ slider works right, and my bass is there again - all the time - no more cutting out. I'm so happy. Just in time too - we're playing a local festival this weekend - outside, monster PA. I was not looking forward to the prospect of having to play through a huge sound system using a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. It's a fine amp, but not my sound at all. Now I know I'll be in good shape.

:D :D :D Right on. Glad you got it fixed.

Thanks for letting us know what it was.

I haven't listened to your clips yet because my wife accidentally unplugged the speakers and we have the computer barricaded so that our baby can't get it. If the speakers didn't suck so much, I would climb back there and plug them back in. :D

Try headphones ;) We have a 4 year old and she LOVES to unplug things. Headphones sound better than my stock crappy little speakers anyway.

Back