DC-2 and Studio 22+ Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonejam

Reaction score
Hi folks, haven't had a responce so far in the DC subforum so I'm reposting here:

can someone explain something for me?
On the Dc-2, rather than rythym and lead channels, I believe it says rythym and contour. Is the contour always on in lead mode? What about when footswitch is engaged?
Also, are the 2 channels voiced the same? I bought an Express 5:25 a while back, and sold it because I didn't like the voicing of the second channel. I have a Studio 22+, and saw the Express as an upgrade, because I liked the idea of independent tone controls, but it just didn't work for me.
Lastly, how close is the DC-2 soundwise to the Studio 22?

Thanks in advance for your time,
Bill.

i've never A/B them but if might be close.
as far as the contour switch , see it as a EQ preset on the lead channel.
its foot switchable or amp select, or you can also use a external foot switch with a mono jack and that will leave the contour always ON on the lead chanel

thanks D2dark,
Anyone else with experience of these 2 amps, feel free to jump in!

I think that amp might use the same footswitch as my Subway Rocket. If that's the case, it has a Rhythm switch and a Contour switch. The Rhythm switch switches between rhythm and lead and the contour switch turns the contour on and off.

I owned a DC-2 for over 10 years. Whatever you do try one before you buy it. To me it always sounded like an anemic Mark with the flu, and absolutely would not cut through in a live mix. The contour just scooped the mids which made matters even worse. It just had no oomph. I ended up just plugging an old JCM 800 50 watt head into the speaker and bypassing the DC-2 altogether. I own a Mark V now and the DC-2 is the only amp I ever sold and not regretted it. And I even sold a Peavey once....

well, I'm doing a lot of reading at the moment about the DC series amps. Some folks love them, others not so much. I have a Studio 22+ and I'm sold on it. I got the impression the DC2 was basically a Studio 22 with more flexible tone options.

Back