DC-10 vs. Heartbreaker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending of the type of music I'm playing but personally I think I would get the HB, that is a more expensive amp than the DC-10, being at the same price to me would seem that the DC-10 is more expensive than the HB.

I have neither amp but ...

What I heard, the DC10 does the high gain stuff really well.

The impression I get, the HeartBreaker is more of Bluesy, Classic Rock amp more of the Mark Series.

... and the Heartbreaker includes the silicon diode / or tube rectifier switch so you could squish feel of sagging rectifier tube sound which may or may not be important to you.

The HB has very little gain compared to f-series, rec, etc. The right pedals can create some fantistic high gain sounds though. It's a great amp-just not as versatile as my roadtser.

I own the head & combo versions of both the Heartbreaker & the DC 10. [/b]Both amps have excellent sounds. The HB has the option of changing power tubes, EL 34's, 6V6's and 6L6's. Silicon or Tube rectifiers,tweed power, either channel can be clean or dirty, the Bold/Curvaceous switch is a nice adjustment. All of these things really help shape the sound and versatility of the HB, it's really great for Blues/ Jazz , Classic Rock , R&B, Funk & Country. Not a Hi Gain Firebreather. The DC 10 has a really nice aggressive Lead channel, it does the "Marshall thing" much better than a Marshall. In fact I sold my modded Marshalls after owning the DC 10 for a while...didn't need them anymore. I really like the DC 10's clean channel it's as clean a Fender, it has a gain boost that's great for edgier clean tones, . DC 10 does it all Hard Rock , Metal , Blues / Jazz , Country, R&B...you name it , and does it well! It's my favorite amp, if I could only have 1 amp, it would be the DC 10 (I have over 60 amps)! I hope that this helps you. 8) 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back