Dating my Mesa Studio 22+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tacoiardul

Reaction score
Hi guys.Have you got any idee what was the production year for this particular model?
mesabackdetail.jpg

mesabackfull.jpg

mesafootswitch.jpg

The model was made from, I think, 1986-1993. It will say FP and be followed by several numbers. Your best bet is to call Mesa/Boogie. They don't take e-mails but are very good at responding to phone calls and at answering questions.

thank you!but after the FP inscription there is no S/N. the only problem is that i'm not from the USA,so it's very difficult to call them.i have seen may pictures of studio 22+ on the internet ,but none had this eq footswitch jack in the back.does that offer a clue for anybody?:)
it's not that i can't live without knowing the production year,but it's just a little pleasure for me:)

in the 3rd picture u can see that it says studio 22+ .it fits the description of a 22+ (the lead master knob)

I didn't read the post but I gathered from the title that you want to DATE your AMP? Well you need to get out more!!!

Tacoiardul--I wasn't able to access pictures on my other computer, so my bad. I would say yours is anywhere from 1991-1993. You need to look underneath the chassis (put amp on its front for a better view). There is a small Mesa/Boogie sticker with a serial number below it. There should be the letters FP followed by five digits. While I wouldn't give all five out for safety reasons, post the first three and two x's, and someone here should be able to help you. Silentrage, you have way too many entries to do this oldest of forum jokes. May you be sentenced to three years of "That's What She Said!" following your each and every utterance...

If you pull the chassis out of the cabinet, they are usually dated with a build date, using a "sharpie". Mine is dated on the top ridge on one side where the mounting screw holes are.

As said you have the 22+ this model was made from 1988 to 1993 the date can be seen on the chassis if you remove it from the cabinet it will be written in marker pen.

Latest posts

Back