daphon overdrive boosting a recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaredrutledge

Reaction score
hey all, just picked up a daphon e200d overdrive from a friend for 40 AUD - it's a chinese tubescreamer replica with the original jrc4558d chip in it, and the harmony central reviews were mostly glowing.

catch is, i won't have my recto here in sydney till january and was curious if anybody had used one to boost a mesa. i was gonna get a maxon but i played this thing (granted, through a cheapie peavey) and was fairly impressed with its transparency. i find it to be really glassy with everything on the amp's clean channel at 12 o'clock and the pedal set the same, with the level down just a tad.

anybody else had experience with one of these?

jaredrutledge said:
hey all, just picked up a daphon e200d overdrive from a friend for 40 AUD - it's a chinese tubescreamer replica with the original jrc4558d chip in it, and the harmony central reviews were mostly glowing.

catch is, i won't have my recto here in sydney till january and was curious if anybody had used one to boost a mesa. i was gonna get a maxon but i played this thing (granted, through a cheapie peavey) and was fairly impressed with its transparency. i find it to be really glassy with everything on the amp's clean channel at 12 o'clock and the pedal set the same, with the level down just a tad.

anybody else had experience with one of these?

No but if you can try the Carl Martin's plexitone pedal you'll maybe never look on other pedals anymore. :wink:

Latest posts

Back