Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ in Mesa Tverb Effects Loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charvel1975

Reaction score
Hey whats up new member here, just got done signing up :) I was looking at getting 2 Danelectro Fish and Chips 7 band EQ pedals, 1 for my Mesa Tremoverb head to run in the Effects Loop and the other one to run the same way on my Marshall Artist 3203 head, what do you guys think?

I was reading around and from what I’ve read, the Danelectro Fish n' Chips graphic EQ in the TR's loop lets you dial back on some of the Recto's famous 200 Hz mud and bump up just a bit of that much sweeter 100 Hz percussive thump. Our band plays modern metal in drop B but I play other styles like hard/classic rock, hair metal, etc.

they are good little pedals that sound great and don't cost much. enjoy.

elvis said:
This will only work if the loops are series.

Actually, that might not matter that much here... in my experience, the better way to fight the mud is to place the EQ in front of your amp, not in the loop.
It is definitely at least worth a try.

elvis said:
This will only work if the loops are series. The Marshall is not, I am not sure about the Tverb.

Yea that's the one thing I don't know about my Marshall Artist 3203 head if the effects loop is Series or Parallel? From what I've read and even in the owner's manual for my Tremoverb I'm pretty sure the effects loop is Parallel

thunda1216 said:
they are good little pedals that sound great and don't cost much. enjoy.

Yea yesterday I originally placed an over the phone order with guitar center for a MXR 10-Band EQ pedal that comes with the AC adapter but I then cancelled the order after reading a little on the Danelectro DJ14 fish n' chips eq, the MXR after tax & 2 year extended warranty was over $153

The FnC is a great little pedal. I own this as well as 2 MXR 10 bands. These are very good pedals, too. The 10 band allows more adjustment, that's why I have them. You can't go wrong with either pedal.

Sorry to borrow the topic for a bit OT question, but can anyone recommend a decent parametric EQ (3-to 4-band preferably)? I'd like to have one in fx loop to cut certain annoying frequencies that seem to be out of bounds for a regular 10-band graphical EQ.

Shemham said:
Sorry to borrow the topic for a bit OT question, but can anyone recommend a decent parametric EQ (3-to 4-band preferably)? I'd like to have one in fx loop to cut certain annoying frequencies that seem to be out of bounds for a regular 10-band graphical EQ.

Don't own one but I think the Empress ParaEQ would be right up your alley.... so to speak.

Blaklynx said:
Shemham said:

Don't own one but I think the Empress ParaEQ would be right up your alley.... so to speak.
If you don't want to shell out the dosh for the ParaQ another great alternative is the Fromel Shape. I've had one on my board for over a year now, running it through the loop on my Mini Rec, and it is an indispensable tone shaper; not as tweakable as the Empress, but also a lot more user friendly (ie. easy to turn a few knobs on the fly and get some great results). It's also super quiet.

Here's a pretty good demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbLkcrBEF-0

Latest posts

Back