Custom Red Tolex split...What would you do?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennq45

Reaction score
I was taking a real good look at my F-50 that I have had for a week or so and I knowticed that the tolex on the very top of the amp has a split from the front corner of the amp where the seam is going to the back. I would say its 3 to 4 inches and about .005" wide. It is a noncurrent amp but I bought it new last week. I would take it back but there are no more F-50's and I really like this amp. I never really looked that close at the store and dont see as well as I used to since I am approaching the big 50.

What would you do? Anyone else run into this problem?

I would bring it back and show the store and get a discount, if they are not willing tell them you want to return it. You can easily get used F50's all day long.

dennq45 said:
I was taking a real good look at my F-50 that I have had for a week or so and I knowticed that the tolex on the very top of the amp has a split from the front corner of the amp where the seam is going to the back. I would say its 3 to 4 inches and about .005" wide. It is a noncurrent amp but I bought it new last week. I would take it back but there are no more F-50's and I really like this amp. I never really looked that close at the store and dont see as well as I used to since I am approaching the big 50.

What would you do? Anyone else run into this problem?

Definately take it back . You paid alot of money for that . mesa should repair it since you bought it new from a mesa dealer (I assume). Get what you paid for and dont accept anything less .

i would take it back to the shop and see if you could get a discount. If it is really bothering you send it back to mesa. But if you are happy with the amp anp are just slightly bothered then just go for the discount.

Latest posts

Back