Crunch on Mesa Express 5:50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin_jazz

Reaction score
I have an Express 5:50. I love all the channels...but the crunch channel. When I switch from clean to crunch I get a noticeable perceived drop in loudness (everything else held fixed) and I don't seem to get good note articulation--the sound is a bit muddled.

So, often, I've been using the blues channel for both lead and rhythm playing. I'm wondering if this is simply a matter of taste or perhaps there is a problem with the Express that I need to get fixed.

Thanks!

Kevin

Might be a problem there. The crunch voice is very Punchy on mine. I have to roll back the treble and gain to calm it down.

I just bought the 5:25 express last week and I also noticed a slight drop off in volume when switching from the clean to the crunch setting. It only happens on low volumes though. I think it sounds quieter because the clean channel is not compressed at all, while the crunch is. I don't think it's any thing to worry about.

Latest posts

Back