Crackling sound on Clean Channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, got a used LCC recently, and replaced all the power tubes with Mesa 6L6's. Didn't touch any others. I hear a crackling, interference type noise in the background when not playing. I have the effects loop turned off, tweed setting, 50 watts. I am using the reverb, and don't hear the same background noise on channel two, where I have the reverb turned down to zero.

There is a tube that controls the reverb, correct? Or would it be just the tank? Or, is there a way to isolate where this noise may be coming from? Happens when no instrument input is in place as well. Sometimes goes away when switching between channels hence my belief it may be in the reverb?

Thanks.

Does it crackle in the drive channel if you turn on the reverb? I would suspect a preamp tube. Maybe v1 for the clean channel or the reverb tube if it only does it with reverb on

The most obvious question to me is this: does the noise go away when you turn the reverb down on channel 1?

Latest posts

Back