Cool Mesa 4x12...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychodave

Reaction score
Check out the Boogie cab I just grabbed. Loaded with 4 Eminence MS-12's. It is a halfback, but the former owner didnt know where the top back was. The cabinet is a lot bigger than my other Mesa cabs. The grill on this cab is different along with the metal corners...I thought it was aftermarket, but it appears to be all stock. I wonder what this cab was made for? BTW, it sounds really good.

Boogiecab006.jpg

Boogiecab005.jpg

Boogiecab004.jpg

Boogiecab007.jpg

g'****! how many of those do you have?

i demand a group photo :lol:

my other guitarist is selling his road ready 4x12, but none of us want to try and ship it.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/msg/438273132.html

....unless you just wanted it shipped as is being as though it is built into a road case then he might.

I'd guess that's a very early production halfback non slant front. Never seen one with the "Boogie" logo. The indicators are the grill and handles. The first early ones had the grill simply cut from stock which was flat with plastic caps over the sharp edges. Later the same stock cut grill had folded edges and the newest ones had a custom stamped grill which did not need washers for the screws. They also went from the early flat handles with the "mesa" inserts to a cheaper round handle with no logo markings. The tolex also looks shiny with a smoother texture like some of the late 70's early 80's stuff.

Restless Rocks said:
I'd guess that's a very early production halfback non slant front. Never seen one with the "Boogie" logo. The indicators are the grill and handles. The first early ones had the grill simply cut from stock which was flat with plastic caps over the sharp edges. Later the same stock cut grill had folded edges and the newest ones had a custom stamped grill which did not need washers for the screws. They also went from the early flat handles with the "mesa" inserts to a cheaper round handle with no logo markings. The tolex also looks shiny with a smoother texture like some of the late 70's early 80's stuff.

It is definitely old. I have seen this type of metal grill, but it usually has a flat metal cap on the outside edges. The logo is very thick. If I knew how to date the MS-12's that may give me an idea. One thing to notice is that the cabinet is a lot bigger than my other halfbacks. The one photo shows that it is about 3-4 inches bigger. The top of the cab has a cross brace inside. My guess is that it is mid 80's?

could be a bass cabinet, I've got a buddy with a Boogie Bass stack he bought new in 84 or 85 and the cabs look the same as the halfbacks but taller and a hell of a lot heavier! His has EV's.

rabies said:
how many watts are those speakers? It looks very similar to mine. Mine have at least two MS-12 on top. 150Watt ea.

150 watts a piece. I confirmed that all 4 are MS-12's. 8)

Latest posts

Back