Converting my RKII Combo into a head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingster911

Reaction score
I really want to convert my RKII Combo into a head to be used with a monster 4x12 and am wondering how much anyone could speculate what I could get for my amp casing and the speakers? Could I make enough money to get a Mesa 4x12?! :lol: P.S.: Played a Diezel Herbert today, and was amazed. No cleans like my RKII but Ch. 3 was just perfectly sustained heavy grit. It was pumpin' through a Mesa 4x12! Not sure whether it was slant or straight, but am almost positive it was a Recto cab.

you couldnt tell if it was a slant cab or a straight cab?

thats odd because slanted cabs are slanted and straight cabs are not slanted...the diff is usually pretty easy to see.

It might have been one of the new "slant-straight" or "straight-slant" cabs that just came out... :wink: :wink: :roll:

Why don't you just sell your combo, buy a head. Trying to sell off the remains of your rig (speakers etc) once you've frankensteined it, I think, is a time and money losing proposition.

hmmm...i dont know. you have a point but it's riskier at the same time, cause what if i end up with a dud version of the amp. i like mine. it works!

Why not just connect your combo to a 4x12? Then you'd have a "3/4 stack". And you wouldn't have to cannibalize your Road King. Plus, if you converted the combo to a head you'd have to turn the chassis over, and the face plate would be upside down.

best idea yet...i have just realized that the 2x12 doesnt cut it! I must get myself a 4x12. That is a s**tload of power with a 4x12 as well as a combo, but hey, more Boogie is better!

You can do that or get a 2x12 extension cab to make a tighter and fuller 4x12 sound.

Latest posts

Back