converting my Mark V combo to a head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overture2152

Reaction score
Problem is where would i find a custom shell for it? I've looked around but can't find one. Can someone help me out with this? Or would it be easier to just sell it? and get a head.

thanks

jb's 52 said:
Someone on here bought from and recommended this company:

http://miyakodesigns.com/

yeah but what if you don't want to spend $300 for a crazy racing stripe design? there's gotta be someone out there that will make a basic head cab with plain tolex and not charge an arm and a leg. maybe someone like mojotone?

300 isn't that much is it???
I sure doesn't seem like much for this kind of job.
I would like to turn my head into a combo!!!!
Send me your shell with speaker and i'll send you mine with extra $ in it! or instead of the money i'll also send the live in flight case!

Rkorn said:
Send me your shell with speaker and i'll send you mine with extra $ in it! or instead of the money i'll also send the live in flight case!
What kind of Mark V is it? It's the head with El34s? or 6l6's? Send me some pictures and I'll gladly trade you my combo for your head.

Already answered to your PM.

Isn't there only one MARK V???
Combo or Head... It's the same.

If I were to remove my head from its shell, would it fit perfectly into a combo shell?? are they exactly the same?? USA vs Europe also, transformer is different, and some differences in this dept but the shells are all the same dimensions right?

Rkorn said:

to make a box out of wood and cover it with plastic? yeah, 300 is a little steep. few years back I made a head shell for my mark 4 that probably cost me 20 bucks in supplies. although I painted it instead of tolex. maybe I'll start building them and charging 200 bucks and say it's a great deal lol. either way, if anybody hears of a place that will make a basic headshell at a reasonable price please post here. thanks.

I guess the states are very different from Europe.
A flightcase for a Mark V Head will not cost less than 250€... which is almost 350/400$, and i would guess a flightcase would be more or less the same price!

Latest posts

Back