Converting Mark IIC+ 60/100 to Simulclass?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mreeve25

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a Mark IIC+ non graphic eq 60/100 model, that I was thinking of sending to Mesa for them to make it simulclass. Can they do that? Anyone know how much? Has anyone done this?

I could not see defacing an amp that had made it 25+ years as a 60/100.
You would kill the value of the amp.

Turn the Presence down and use the 4 Ohm tap. It will get you close enough.

Boogiebabies said:
I could not see defacing an amp that had made it 25+ years as a 60/100.
You would kill the value of the amp.

Turn the Presence down and use the 4 Ohm tap. It will get you close enough.
amen-Mike B. talked me out of simul'ing my C+ Coli/gave me same advice BB is giving you, and that is good advice

Thank y'all so much for your responses. I actually spoke w/ Mike B. today, and he said the same thing. To use the 4 ohm input.

Same advice received from Mike Bendinelli here.
Since you don't specify what speaker you are using, use the 4 ohm output with an 8 ohm speaker.

Sorry, yeah I am using a 1x12 thiele cabinet w/ ev-12l 8 ohm speaker.

What does running an 8 ohm load on the 4 ohm jack give you? Can I do that with my Mark IV?

ndsquared said:
I love this forum...you guys know freaking everything! As soon as I can I'll donate...

you'll have to see when we start talking about cars and women . . .that's when the real fun begins :mrgreen:

I have a 79 MKII-B that was a 60-100RG/EV that the factory did a conversion on to a MKII C+ Simul Class but that was many years ago when I had the work performed. I had the conversion done in 1985 and it cost me $485 at the time, but this included recovering the case with new tolex and a new speaker grill(from cream to black), along with new knobs, handle, corners, etc. Also, as I live less than 30 minutes drive time to the current location I did not have to incur any freight charges. At the time I recieved what I would describe as exceptional service from Mike Bendonelli and the Boogie team, BUT, I believe with their growing clientel and product line I feel the factory response and service has been an area that does not achieve the same level of excellence known in earlier years. I have been waiting on an answer to a tech question I submitted going on 2 weeks now. They now encourage using retail outlets instead of direct purchase. So, yes they did at one time do this, but that was a long time ago.
P>S> amp still going strong and my main of several to choose from, comboe has EV spkr, and until recently had unit in a rack chassis feeding a Boogie 4-12 with Celestions and Mesa Black Shadows.

Latest posts

Back