Convert from combo to head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oasys

Reaction score
Is it possible to buy a fully loaded mark iic+ combo and then convert it into a head? If so, how much will it cost? The reason for this is that I find it harder to find a fully loaded mark iic+ head that comes with the export transformer. At the same time is there is differences after converting it into a head in comparison with the original head itself?

Yes.

Send a PM to GTS on this board. He makes headshells and his work is incredible.

You just take the chassis out of the combo shell and put into the headshell. Voila! The only difference, DERP, is no speaker :)

How much do you reckon that it will cost to make this conversion to happen? Also, I live in asia and I was wondering how long exactly do I have to wait for the amp if it is being shipped to mesa/boogie in hollywood?

The reverb tank that came in the combo shell of my green stripe appears to be an Accutronics Type 4 and does not fit into a short head. The reverb tank that came in the short headshell of my purple stripe is much smaller, probably a Type 8.

Anybody knows what the product code is for the metal bracket for mounting the fan into the headshell? I also need the number for the metal cover for the reverb unit.

Wait a minute,

... I thought once you convert a MESA combo to a head, you lose some of the "MESA mojo" tone. And to recover this MESA mojo you have to listen to former American Idol contestant William Hung's CD.
p57088qw224.jpg

... or the other way to recover this MESA Mojo, you have go to the nearest Guitar Center, and tell the guitar punk who's attempting Van Halen's 'Eruption' "You Suck! :lol:

RR said:
Wait a minute,

... or the other way to recover this MESA Mojo, you have go to the nearest Guitar Center, and tell the guitar punk who's attempting Van Halen's 'Eruption' "You Suck! :lol:

I will try that...or how about play a duet?.... :roll:

Latest posts

Back