contuor problems, anyone else experiance this?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt2d2

Reaction score
hello all, just joined this forum. i bought a used 5:50 about a year ago. the original purchase date was 2007. anyway when i engage the countor function there is a noticeable volume level increase as well as the scooped sound. And the further up i turn the contour up the more level boost i get as well as the eq scoop. Is this normal for all this amps, i've only played one other and it didn't seem to do it. The level increase is enough to make the footswitching ability of the contuor useless to me since the have to back off the amp volume if i engage it. Has anyone else experianced this? Otherwise i love the amp, just frustrated that i might not be getting all it has to offer. thanks

Are you sure it's not just a perceived volume boost? The contour is raising the level of high treble in the signal, and that's going to make your sound cut through more and maybe seem louder.

I've owned the Express 5:50 for three years now. The contour is a boost of the treble/bass, so yes, it does boost the volume. If I had sliders instead of the contour, and I increased any frequency, I would be increasing the volume of that frequency.

Back