Compressors

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
screamingdaisy said:
golfnguitarz said:
Screamingdaisy, man where have u been? I miss reading your insightful posts.

Guitar forums give me GAS. GAS costs me money. I had to take a chill pill while my bank account cooled down.

I hear ya, well, good to have you back for a while. I actually have learned alot reading your posts.

I use a Pigtronix Philosophers Tone for from time to time but think it really doesn't do it for me (thinking of getting a Carl Martin or Keeley). Pig does sound pretty amazing (in small doses) for more heavy-handed lead tones or when I want some thing for the wah to chew on. Since getting my Mark V, I have been in love with the dynamics and headroom and so I don't use the compressor as much.

eudaimonia02912 said:
I bought a Barber Tone Press. It sounds great. It adds sustain without changing my tone. I also use it to boost the signal, so it adds a little grit on the OD channels. I get a full, thick tone with it.

That said, I'm not sure that I prefer it to my BB Preamp MB. The BB Preamp and Tone Press are about equally good overall on channel 3, though they sound different. However, I prefer the sound of channel 2 boosted with the BB Preamp over the sound with the compressor.

+1

eudaimonia02912 said:
I bought a Barber Tone Press. It sounds great. It adds sustain without changing my tone. I also use it to boost the signal, so it adds a little grit on the OD channels. I get a full, thick tone with it.

That said, I'm not sure that I prefer it to my BB Preamp MB. The BB Preamp and Tone Press are about equally good overall on channel 3, though they sound different. However, I prefer the sound of channel 2 boosted with the BB Preamp over the sound with the compressor.

+1

2 knob keeley compressor works really good but.. I found that I only used it for the studio, live the amp has plenty of compression built in. Might be good for leads and for clean stuff on channel one but when I tried using it with the band it was overkill made the signal jump out way to much. I found with different guitars you can achieve the same thing with better pickups. check these out im using the Diablo version http://www.guitar-logistics.com/pickups.html hand made hand wound pickups.
http://www.soundcloud.com/pivotband Links to the music

Latest posts

Back