Completed That Distrubed (Stricken) Cover (Clip Inside-Mark

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
I've had several requests for me to finish the Disturbed (Stricken) clip I started a few months ago. I started working on other things and it completely fell to the wayside. I decided to sit down and finish it last night. I decided to throw the lead down as well. I left some mistakes in there because...I make mistakes and I'm too lazy to go back and fix them. No boost was used on the rhythm guitars. I did use a clean boost on the lead to add some hair to it. The Mark IV is so smooth that it needed a tad more edge in this application. Personally I like the Mark IV tone better than the original.

The clip was recorded at very low volume (started about 10:00pm and finished at 11:30pm). In that time I recorded the bass track, rhythm/lead guitars and programmed and resampled the drums. I'm not 100% happy with it but I think it turned out pretty good. I'm slowly getting better at the drum programming. I need to work on randomizing the hit velocities. Some of the mixing levels might be off but my ears stopped working well at about 11:15pm.

Either way, hope you like the clip! Let me know what you think.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/30-Stricken%20%28SS%20Final%29.mp3

Koprofag said:
Great tone! Disturbed's only good for Youtube gaming vids though. O-A-A-A-A! :lol:

Funny you should say that. It was my kids playing Guitar Hero III (Stricken) that got me to do it.

zakkfaerum said:
Sounds great man. What did you create the drums with?

Took the midi drum pattern and imported it into Fruity Loops. Ran the midi through EZDrummer. Exported the WAV file and opened it in my DAW (nTrack 5). Used Drumagog to resample the snare, kick and toms.

Thanks for listening!

Latest posts

Back