Complete Overkill-Stiletto/DualRec/Triaxis/JMP-1 Audio Demos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightywarlock

Reaction score
so i went out and bought me a sm57 from someone today ($60 with a Z bar, bag and clip) and came home and started recording. This is my first time trying to dual track (or in this case, mega-multitrack) and i couldn't hear the click track (too **** loud) so it is kind of sloppy, but where it's in, you can hear the differences. This is one of my bands new songs we haven't recorded yet. http://www.phantom357.com

so...in this clip...with my Gibson SG, i have recorded the Stiletto Ace 1x12 (loaded with Mesa STR-450's!) on ch.2 Tite Gain, full Left - Triaxis on Recto setting (i sold my dual, so trying to match the sound before it leaves my hands) @ 10:30, Triaxis on lead with g-force and ld2yellow-center, marshall jmp1 @ 2:30, and Dual Rec on ch.2 orange, - full Right (triaxis and JMP1 through 2:90 into recto 2x12)

yikes!
www.mightywarlock.com/StilettoDualTriJMPgforce.mp3

this next one, is just Stiletto L, Dual Rec R with the triaxis in the middle again for the lousy lead.

www.mightywarlock.com/LstilettoRrectoMP3.mp3

and finally, just a Stiletto Ace and Marshall JMP-1 comparison...stiletto Left, Marshall jmp-1 Right, triaxis lead in the middle.

www.mightywarlock.com/LstilettoRmarshalljmp1.mp3

like i said, sloppy, but you can get the idea anyway.

whatcha think?

Nice work. I've been wanting to hear some good Stiletto samples, which are strangely hard to come by for some reason. Nice to be able to a/b them in a consistent context like this. Thanks!

Impressions:

• - The Stiletto seems the most focused and like it might cut best in a live mix.
    - Of the lot, I think I liked the DR the least. It has lots of balls, but maybe I've just heard that sound too much in recent years.
    - I'm an old Marshall guy, and I liked the spin on that sound that the Stiletto brings. If I was doing some session stuff that called for a big metal tone, I'd go with the Marshall. But again, I like the way the Stiletto cuts, and it seems like there's a lot of clear gain in there to take advantage of. Seems like some real room for character in there.

Good stuff.

Nice that you have a mic! I can't wait...

So I think that the distortion is huge, and I wonder if the input was clipped or something? This may have added distortion to the clip. From what I know of Mesa distortion, there is something here making it even fuzzier. So I suspect a low volume take might help?

Look forward to the next clips.
-j

Latest posts

Back