Comparison between DC5 and F50 head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cak

Reaction score
Anyone care to give an opinion as to how a F50 head would compare to a DC5 ?. I sold my DC5 because I found the lead channel too mushy and high gain, couldn't find a good edge of breakup bluesy lead sound (classic rock type thing). Clean channel was nice but didn't break up much at high pre amp volume (I didn't like the pull boost tone).

Reading some reviews of the F50 indicates it seems to give more gain in the rhythm channel and a good lower gain tone in the Lead channel as well. Is this really the case ?. Anyone out there had both ?. Just sold my Mark III Simulclass Head so am looking for a reason not to buy a second Marshall instead !.

The best advice I have for you = TRIAXIS+ 2.90.
I love mine and will never change them for nothing.
TONE FACTORY :twisted:

I have the DC5 combo and a F-100 combo, the F series seems to me to be more on the high gain spectrum, even with lower distortion settings on the lead channel. The DC-5 seems to be more aggressive in the response and tone.

Tri-axis are very good, also test try the maverick 4x10 on the clean channel overdrive. Also the lead is more classic rock but less responsive or aggressive, more smooth

I've never played through the DC-5 but I have an F-50 head. It's a great amp but I would say that getting a good crunch is probably not the amp's strong point. It can do it... it just doesn't excel at it.

If you like Marshalls do yourself a favor and check out the Stiletto. Mine has taken the place of my JCM800 at this point. Keep in mind it won't sound exactly like a Marshall - if you want the Marshall sound you might as well stick to the real deal.

Back