Come On Guys... I need a new CAB!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
I can't seem to pick a cab. I need some help.

I already have a 4x12 w/ Vintage 30's. I need something more portable.

I dont like how short the Recto 2x12 is or I would get one.

I would like something with some different speakers in it than my 4x12 so I can have some variety.

I would even consider a 1x12 if it made sence.

I play everything from Jazz to Progressive Metal but right now, I am doing alot of Dream Theater covers.

What should I get???

Hendog said:

I would like something with some different speakers in it than my 4x12 so I can have some variety.

I play everything from Jazz to Progressive Metal but right now, I am doing alot of Dream Theater covers.

What should I get???
dude, port city :p you can try the 1x12 and 2x12 also. see if you can find a demo online or something. they are portable!

check them out. i like the recessed top handles (doesn't interfere with the reverb tank in the mark heads). you can special order tolex/grille as necessary as well. the evm12l weighs more than 1x12 cab empty (not that hard to do...). sounds huge to me. you can put in other speakers as well, obviously. gl!

mejoshee said:
Hendog said:

What should I get???
dude, port city :p you can try the 1x12 and 2x12 also. see if you can find a demo online or something. they are portable!

check them out. i like the recessed top handles (doesn't interfere with the reverb tank in the mark heads). you can special order tolex/grille as necessary as well. the evm12l weighs more than 1x12 cab empty (not that hard to do...). sounds huge to me. you can put in other speakers as well, obviously. gl!
+1,000,000 love my OS Port City 2x12 w/ Eminence Cannabis Rex speakers!

Port City or Genz-Benz G-flex 2x12 cabs will sound great and be much more portable than a 4x12. Boogafunk can make you a 1x12 EV spec thiele with any outside dimensions that you require.

pittbull 2x12 if you can find one with p90s in it and make sure the speakers are still in good shape cuz p90s are a ***** to find, or go with eminence i just think they sound much smoother and fatter than clestions

Do you guys think that Port City is better than my backup plan (Fryette Deliverance 2x12)?

Hendog said:
And if I go Port City (probably the oversized 2x12) what speakers?

I have been kicking about the same question. Went to the Celestion web page and listened to speakers demos. It is an ok reference point.

Anyone get a Port City cab from a store anywhere near Atlanta??

You said you don't like how short the Recto 2x12 is....what about the vertical recto 2x12 ?? That's the cab I use and honestly I think it is the perfect height for a 2x12 cab. Plus it sounds great!

I'm not sure how tall the port city cab is though. Do they have a vertical option?

DrummerChas said:
You said you don't like how short the Recto 2x12 is....what about the vertical recto 2x12 ?? That's the cab I use and honestly I think it is the perfect height for a 2x12 cab. Plus it sounds great!

I'm not sure how tall the port city cab is though. Do they have a vertical option?

Plus, the Mark V head fits perfectly on top and looks great....which makes it sound better...right? :lol: :lol:

golfnguitarz said:
DrummerChas said:

Plus, the Mark V head fits perfectly on top and looks great....which makes it sound better...right? :lol: :lol:
the 1x12 os is the same width too... (or just about--maybe like 1/2 cm off)

BENNY said:
i would go with g12 65 if it were me.
or you could also try weber speakers and get the 1265 (almost the same thing)
https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/

those and evm's are the only speakers i've used. you can get the classic brit speaker options but also with higher power handling. the tone is all there and weird peaking is designed out from the classics like the v30. plus almost every speaker has both a ceramic or alnico version. currently, they don't have a sale going for the speakers, though. i've never been dissatisfied with them, but if you have a budget to stick to then they may not be the cheapest option.

golfnguitarz said:
DrummerChas said:

Ya know....now that you mentioned it... :lol:

Heritage Softail said:
Hendog said:
And if I go Port City (probably the oversized 2x12) what speakers?

I have been kicking about the same question. Went to the Celestion web page and listened to speakers demos. It is an ok reference point.

Anyone get a Port City cab from a store anywhere near Atlanta??
Boutique guitar exchange in ATL.
its right down the road from guitar center

Back