combo problem...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce1448

Reaction score
i have a series two rectoverb and i noticed today that it started to kind of crackle and cut out once in awhile so i obviously first checked the tubes but i noticed that the cable connecting the speaker to the amp is the problem....just a bad connection or something

if it is moved, some areas work, some do not

think this will cost much to fix?

Thanks

It's a very simple fix, dude! So you are certain that the cable is the problem here? I reckon if the speaker becomes electrically disconnected while you are playing, then your OT is at risk!

How handy are you with a soldering iron or with trouble shooting a wire connection? This seems like it is either the connection to the speaker or the connection inside the jack itself. It depends on what you are touching when you can make it fail.

If you can find the loose connection, then you might be able to fix it and save the cost per hour of a technician. if you don't feel comfortable, then it is worth the cost of a tech to keep your piece of mind and fix the problem.

Latest posts

Back