Coliseum Mark II C/C+ production number research

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah, the moniker actually stems from my favourite guitar grafic ... :D

DSC01375.jpg

... the original charvel / jackson bigmouth grafic ... but while we're discussing activities during the annual KRG meeting ... how about daisy-chaining all the participating KRGs together and hook them up to single 1x12's and see how long they last ... :twisted:

Sweet guitar bigmouth... the vol knob looks like a tongue piercing.

you really need to post more pics!

scott

yeah, that's a sweet guitar, and looks like one heck of a collection of boogies and guitars in the background.

matt said:
yeah, that's a sweet guitar, and looks like one heck of a collection of boogies and guitars in the background.

he has more boogies than anyone on earth. ask him how many C+ he has, lol

scott

zodiac272 said:
matt said:

scott

haha ... no way ! just having a small collection for personal usage ... :D ... now this is what I call a big collection of boogies, but ain't mine ... :shock:

boogies2.jpg

bigmouth said:
zodiac272 said:
matt said:

scott

haha ... no way ! just having a small collection for personal usage ... :D ... now this is what I call a big collection of boogies, but ain't mine ... :shock:

boogies2.jpg

that's insane... he even has a wicker chair.

scott

K409 no eq nor simul yes to reverb 1X15 combo JBL E130 Just got it and sounds unbelievable through 4X12 and probablt great through 15 but only cranked. Ill try that at rehearsal. Gonna get a headshell made

cadprof3 said:
*Interesting note K422-K337 = 85 units + 1 anomaly = 86 C/C+s. Seems to add up.

If you count from 337 to 422, both numbers included, you get already 86.

Can someone explain the two 1/4 jacks near preamp tube under chassis? Is one of these for reverb footswitch? If so which one?

Hi everyone. Just joined. I have been trying to find info on my Coliseum head. It is a II C+. The serial number is K391 and has reverb and EQ. I do not believe it is simulclass but how can I tell?

Thanks
AL-X

AL-X said:
Hi everyone. Just joined. I have been trying to find info on my Coliseum head. It is a II C+. The serial number is K391 and has reverb and EQ. I do not believe it is simulclass but how can I tell?

Thanks
AL-X

Hi Al-X,

I believe the "+" designation was to illustrate Simul-Class. I am not 100% on that (I wasn't aware that the '+' designation existed w/ the MKII Coliseum, but mine is a MKIII Coliseum Simul-Class head), so perhaps someone else can chime in. I have MKIII Coli Simul-Class S/N K513 (bough new in '86). LOVE it!!!

AL-X said:

Thanks
AL-X
Welcome aboard... Read the sticky "c+ for Dummies" on this forum by Boogiebabies.... A must, young grasshopper 8)
It will explain chassis code, tranny info,etc
Pics would be nice, too

zachman said:
AL-X said:

Thanks
AL-X

Hi Al-X,

I believe the "+" designation was to illustrate Simul-Class. I am not 100% on that (I wasn't aware that the '+' designation existed w/ the MKII Coliseum, but mine is a MKIII Coliseum Simul-Class head), so perhaps someone else can chime in. I have MKIII Coli Simul-Class S/N K513 (bough new in '86). LOVE it!!!
A simul coli c+ is a rare bird, indeed
My coil is not a simul, but it does has the c+ holy grail circuit... What a ball shaker

I put a call in to the factory and am waiting for info on this head. I have had it since the mid 80s but I was not the first owner.
Al-x

Got a call back. They said there were no simul-class IIC+ coliseums ever made.
This one was made by MB in October 1984. (date 10/84 and initials hand written on chassis)
There is a plus above the power cord and the same initials on the back just above the power supply.

Back