Clean tones on Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I see a lot of posts about getting great lead tones and tight high gain, but does anyone have any settings they can share for a good clean tone on the Roadster?

i'm not at home now, but I think its pretty easy to dial in some awesome clean tones on this amp..easier than the lead tones.

If you want something shimmering and sparkly, why not try the tweed mode on CH1 with low to medium gain? If you want something more subtle the normal or fat modes work pretty well..I think they're great for jazzy chording.

On my strat w/ singles I like the Fat mode, treble down a bit, mids up a bit, bass to taste, presence about halfway. I like to crank the gain sometimes or just set it above breakup. I've also had good results with the Brit setting with the treble at 10 oclock, mids at 10, bass to taste, gain to just breaking up. This channel sounds better in the mix because it cuts but the Fat sounds better by itself. The presence knob does help bring out some sparkle. I don't even use the regular Clean setting because its too thin for my tastes. Fat/brit/tweed all have easily obtainable cleans though, as long as you're tasteful with the treble and gain.

Back