clean presence on 2 channel dual recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Coo1

Reaction score
hello everyone, i was wondering if anyone could give me some information about the presence control for the orange channel on the dual recto. i have a 1997 and it seems like the orange channel presence doesnt do anything. i have heard that it is active on the red channel to further tweak the sound. any input would be great. thank you
-James

for me i find it acts the msot when tweaking witht eh treble and gain on organge. on orange i usalyl keep mine around 1ish(oclcock)

When cloning the red channel to vintage (orange), the orange channel's presence control becomes active on both the orange and red channels! Giving the red channel (now cloned to vintage) two regions of presence to play with, interesting! Now, in the orange channels normal mode (vintage), yes I'd say the presence control is minimal, it becomes more active though if you clone the orange channel to modern! Confused? Well, the difference of vintage and modern is really placement of the presence control! On my two channel Dual, I prefer cloning orange to modern, using clean (not variable high gain), and setting the treble and presence around 2 o'clock for chimey highs! On the modern red channel though, I keep the presence lower, around 10-11 o'clock! Contrary to what many say, I don't mind my two channel's clean channel at all!

hi, thanks for your reply, but im not sure i understand what channel cloning is, i know there is a switch that changed orange and red to vintage, or orange to vintage and red to modern or both to modern, and i know you can switch between clean and variable high gain on the orange channel. sorry if im stupid and its something obvious. thanks for your time!
-James

Commander Coo1 said:
hi, thanks for your reply, but im not sure i understand what channel cloning is, i know there is a switch that changed orange and red to vintage, or orange to vintage and red to modern or both to modern
That is channel cloning! :)

I've never cloned Red to Vintage. I like Orange to Modern however. Why would you want 2 regions of presence, just out of curiosity...

Latest posts

Back