Clean Channel Way Too Quiet (MK IV)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bshizzle

Reaction score
I just moved into college in the last month and joined a traveling band here. The first time I set up and played, my clean channel volume is way too low. I know the clean generally has to be higher than the other two, but I can turn it all the way up and it still isn't even close to the other two which the pre volumes are around 2-3.

I'm not sure if something was damaged while moving here, but the rhythm and lead channel are working fine.

It isn't a major issue right now as the clean isn't a necessity, but I would really like to have it and I don't want my mark iv to be sick.

You need the gain on at least 6 and 'pulled' don't cut the mids too much and I assume the GEQ is on or off for all channels ? It could be a dodgy preamp tube otherwise, probably v2.

Sometimes I use the EQ, sometimes no. You say the volume has to be pulled? I have it at around 8 ish.

I am planning on changing a couple tubes out in the future anyway because I have all Tung Sols and its a little harsh. So if that"s is then I'll find out then

Thanks

doesn't sound right to me. sure r1 needs to be a little higher, but not that much...

Bshizzle said:
Sometimes I use the EQ, sometimes no. You say the volume has to be pulled? I have it at around 8 ish.

I am planning on changing a couple tubes out in the future anyway because I have all Tung Sols and its a little harsh. So if that"s is then I'll find out then

Thanks

No, the rhythm 1 gain knob should be 'pulled' to add more top end and on at least 6. My channel master for R1 is on about 5.5.

Could it be something along these lines?

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=25102&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Russian vs. Chinese tube basically...

MusicManJP6 said:
Could it be something along these lines?

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=25102&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Russian vs. Chinese tube basically...
interesting. for me two new spax7's were causing the problems. no clue if they're rus or chi

I have a feeling it is something related to the pre amp tubes, so when i swap some out that should tell me.

Bit late to join the thread - but......

Did you fix the problem - I have exactly the same thing going on! All valves seem OK - I've swapped out all the 12s.
:?

I don't find this a problem, mind you the most I run the gain on rhythm 2 and the lead channel is 6 typically, so putting the rhythm 1 channel 1 - 2 above the others is easily enough for me...but even when I ran the gain higher, I still found I could get it loud enough..if you can't at all that's a problem

Back