clean channel volume????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyk

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just noticed a drop in volume on my clean channel on my Mark IV, happening this last few weeks.
Long story short:

About 3 or 4 weeks ago the roadie let the amp fall from the back of the van ( about 2 feet)to the gravel street at the gig we were playing, amp was flightcased though and after a huge panic to test the amp found that everything was still ok and she was virtually unscathed , however I do notice a difference in channel 1 volume.
Sounds great as always but find myself nearly maxing out the input gain and channel volume on 1 to keep up with the band on stage. would it be a damaged valve etc

I have just ordered a full set off mesa valves (as she is due replacement valves anyway ) to see if it makes any difference.
I bought the amp privately a few months ago from a guy who had it lying in his garage for about 3 years so maybe the valves are reaching their end (I never owned a valve amp before so its all new to me). having a bit of bother too with the reverb, really noisy and when you wiggle the wires to the reverb it seems to stop it????

any input from you guys would be great as to what you think....

Leaving an amp unplayed for a length of time will not damage the tubes (unless, being in a garage, it was bumped or run into a lot). Tubes can sit on the shelf for years and will still perform fine.

I have seen amps that sat for a long time w/o being played, and the tubes were good but the filter caps started to go bad (and started leaking).

Concerning the reverb, maybe one of the leads got pulled hard when it was dropped and is loose. When it fell, did it knock your footswitch loose? Maybe that yanked one of the reverb leads.

hi guys,

Just revalved the boogie with new set of Mesa valves and the difference is unbelievable...

No noise, no hiss and volume is back to normal, really happy
One question though..the cable for the fan, does it connect to the amp in a certain way because pins fit in either way????
Fan is working but just double checking with you all.

Davy

Latest posts

Back