Clean channel settings for Triple Recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jisham

Reaction score
Can any of you guys please share your clean channel settings for Rectos? I'm having a hard time getting enough headroom/volume in that channel compared to the two gain channels. Any tips will be much appreciated. I'm running Ruby 6L6s in the power section and a mix of Tung Sols and Shuguang preamp tubes. Thanks.

Yeah I'm having a similar problem - I have the clean master almost all the way up and the gain at about 9 oclock. Anywhere above 9, and it's not clean anymore. But then I do have a les paul with loud pups. If anybody else has any tips, I'd be interested to hear them too!

Me three my friends. I have EMG-equipped guitars and still don't get much volume out of my clean, I have to normally run the solo to boost it. It sounds decent, but it doesn't have anywhere near the headroom of ch's 2 and 3. I'm running a full JJ 6L6/12ax7 Hi-Gain set. Tube Rectification and Bold Variac. When compared to my other guitarist's Krank Rev 1 and Hughes and Kettner TriAmp, the cleans are nowhere near as loud, and his volumes are around 12 or lower?!? What's the deal?

-AJH

Assuming your loop on the back of your amp is set to 'on', try this:

Crank the output to 3 oclock or even full, just be careful your pre amp masters on 2 and 3 are lowered to accommodate the extra volume.

Set channel 1 to "clean" and set your EQ the way you want, with the exception of 'the gain dial' drop it to zero, crank the master preamp and use the gain dail as your volume.

You may find the neck position on your guitar warmer, but you should be able to get a nice tone at a pretty ridiculous volume.

David.W said:
Assuming your loop on the back of your amp is set to 'on', try this:

Crank the output to 3 oclock or even full, just be careful your pre amp masters on 2 and 3 are lowered to accommodate the extra volume.

Set channel 1 to "clean" and set your EQ the way you want, with the exception of 'the gain dial' drop it to zero, crank the master preamp and use the gain dail as your volume.

You may find the neck position on your guitar warmer, but you should be able to get a nice tone at a pretty ridiculous volume.

i had the same problem as these guys and i tried this a long time ago and it definetly helps!! when my band would play live my 3rd channel would always be at a good level and when i had to switch to clean it just seemed like there was no sound at all. then i tried running the master output at noon and now i just adjust each individual channel's master volume to taste. what a difference it made!

The recto solo heads do have a clean channel and dailed right, it is not only usable its actually good (3ch). Thats before you even throw in an EQ or a clean boost or whatever it is you might choose. Im getting close to my 2nd year with this head, and most of the comments I hear regarding the triple rec's capabilities have been way underestimated. Like all amps the more you poke and prod the more you will get out of it.

sorry about this post(slightly off topic)but,turmoil,where did you get that amp mod from,did you do it yourself or is it a custom mod you had done??

cheers euan

also more on topic....if you select your rectification to diode this should give you more headroom,and as stated previously the tone controls interact with each other on a boogie more than any other amp so as rabies said,watch your treble as this adds to the gain etc..

Screw it. I played and bought a Roadster today...talk about a killer clean tone! :D

Back