clean boost for dual rectifier clean channel?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempest1226

Reaction score
hey everyone. Im getting the series fx loop mod for my dual rec since parallel is getting me no where. Problem is, i always used the solo function with my clean channel so that i could keep the gain way down and rely on the extra solo volume knob for crystal clean volume and now with this fx loop mod I will lose the solo function. So i was wondering if anyone makes a pedal that is basically nothing more than jsut a volume boost. I need something that will raise volume but without adding any gain/dist at all. Just crystal clean volume gain. And something I suppose that allows you to gain alot of volume (kind of like the dual rec solo function). Thanks everyone.

Tempest, sorry to kind of change the subject. But is there any way after getting the series loop mod that you could write a review or send me a PM with the results?

I've been seriously thinking about getting it done in about 2-3 weeks, just want to hear some more info before i get it done.

im probally not getting it for a while though. at least another month. but ill let you know unless you decide to get it done before then.

You could put a volume pedal that has a minimum setting on it (like the morley little alligator) and have it set for rhythm with the minimum setting heal down and lead/boost for toe down.

edit- I meant put it in the series loop, just forgot to write it.

Seymour Duncan makes a clean boost that may do the trick, or possibly an Xotic RC (RC is the lowest gain boost pedal Xotic makes).

What about the BBE Boosta Grande? I don't have any experience with it, but it says it is a clean boost. :lol:

BBE has had some shoddy reviews. I had the sonic maximizer pedal and hated it. I ordered an Xotic Rc Booster that should hopefully be here by tomorrow. I'll let you know how that works out after a gig this weekend.

MXR Micro Amp will do exactly that. I have one in the loop of my Tremoverb.

woody777 said:
MXR Micro Amp will do exactly that. I have one in the loop of my Tremoverb.

You can, but it will just add more gain. Any gain pedals in front will give a gain boost... any gain pedal in the loop will give a volume bump (but you want a very clean boost... no overdrive/distortion/fuzz).

If you want straight volume, you will need to use the loop.

Jab mentioned the Xotic brand like I was gonna do. Check out youtube for guys showing off their gear with boosters. I am considering a boost pedal, too. The Xotic AC Booster looks like a good one for a bit of over-drive gain, but I think it could pull off helping you with your search in attaining a pure "clean" boost, too. woody777 brings up a good point that I didn't know: pedal-chains up front give gain-boost, pedal-chains in loop equal volume boost.

bobbyswamp said:
Jab mentioned the Xotic brand like I was gonna do. Check out youtube for guys showing off their gear with boosters. I am considering a boost pedal, too. The Xotic AC Booster looks like a good one for a bit of over-drive gain, but I think it could pull off helping you with your search in attaining a pure "clean" boost, too. woody777 brings up a good point that I didn't know: pedal-chains up front give gain-boost, pedal-chains in loop equal volume boost.

That's the general rule... however, depending on how much gain is coming from your amp, you may also get a volume boost with a gain pedal in front of the amp.

Latest posts

Back