Clean amp to match Triple Rectifier dirty channels.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more food for thought:

Peavey JSX. Clean channel stays clean and takes pedals very well. The other channels are great for anything else you want. And someone mentioned the Carvin X100B.

Do yourself a favour and check both these amps. I'm sure there's plenty available in the States for cheap, unlike here in Oz.

I find it a bit difficult to believe that an amp like the Triple Rec can't get a good (loud enough) clean sound. Try some of the advice folks gave here, that's the cheapest and most practical way!

If you absolutely want a dedicated clean amp, the JC120 is a great choice and yes, these things are effing loud. And since it's an SS amp it's got a big plus in the reliability department.

If SS is an issue, I would agree with an OLD Twin (new ones sound sterile and dry to me) or some form of a Bassman. Hell a even Marshall Plexi would do, those amps have a very clean poweramp (cleaner than my JVM) that only breaks up when you absolutely dime it. Hughes and Kettner has great cleans too, by the way.

One trick you could do is what Kerry King does - just run a chorus pedal straight into the board :D

screamingdaisy said:
petrucciowns said:
What clean amps do you guys know of that will fulfill my requirements of sounding good through a Mesa 4x12, and match channel 2 and 3's volume on the triple rec at least Master of each Channel 1/2 and main output 1/2?

Turn the channel masters down to somewhere between 9:00 and 10:00, then set the clean channel so that it balances those two.

Since this will reduce the overall volume, turn your master output up to compensate.

That's exactly what i was thinking.

I've never had a problem with my clean on my TR along with the distorted channels. Yes, the clean isn't as loud and you do need to turn it up quite a bit but it's capable of matching the level of the distortion as long as you set it up correctly. Whenever I play and switch channels I get crystal cleans and robust distortion at playing levels with my band mates.

It doesn't get any cleaner or LOUDER than a Fender Twin Reverb. The head version of the Twin Reverb would be the Fender Dual Showman Reverb. You should be able to snag a silverface one for $600 or get a beat up cab Twin Reverb and put it in a headshell. These amps eat JC-120s for lunch :lol: !

Matt

for recording i use a crate v50 for cleans though i've never tried to live. It has more of a balanced clean not sparkly but no too dark. it balances well with my recto sound. I might try this live next time.

Back