Clarity in Less channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingster911

Reaction score
So I've heard and firmly believe by now that the older Recs are in fact better because of what people have told me, that they have more clarity. This is due to their lesser channels. Could I infer that the RK is not as authentic a Rector sound because it's four channels? Or am I just being scaredy-cattish and neurotic because I'm afraid of my beautiful monster of an amp? I would like a Mark IV and 2 ch. Triple Rec. at some point. Gotta start workin'.

Tone is sooooo subjective..... what I might like, you'll hate and what is dialed in on a 2 channel recto may sound perfect to one person and muddy to the next person - and what I think sounds bad on a 3 ch recto may sound perfect to the next person. Now that being said, I think the Road Kings and Roadsters "recto channels" sound almost identical to the Triple recto I had, to the Rectoverb I had and the Tremoverb I had.... all very similar.

Some say the Roadster is a bit tigher sounding, but I have yet to hear one in person.

I'm happier than I've ever been with my 3 channel, especially after recording today!

Tone is very subjective....IMO, all Boogies are amazing amps, and all can acheive amazing tones....the rest of your rig is a huge factor!

Back