Clarification on a Long Head IIC+ (FULLY LOADED)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDGuitaristT

Reaction score
Now these have the full power/half power switch on the front and the Simulclass decal on the back. No switch for SC/Class A on back... am I right when I say that the full power/half power switch on the front acts as the switch from SC to Class A and vice versa?

EDIT: Full Power = Simulclass...

1/2 power would correspond with class A. The wattage numbers associated with class A are usually less then half the wattage of Simul mode.

My understanding is Mesa didn't make alternate face plates for SC amps and 100/60 amps thats why they read half power.

If it did not say Simul-Class on the back, you would have to look at the output transformer. It would say Simul-Class. The only other way to be sure it to look at the wiring of the outer two sockets.

You're mark iv now....nice avatar...What is your opinion on a C+ reissue? I think the mark iv sounds really really close, maybe a bit more modern. I'd try and probably get a C+ reissue..wouldn't you?....maybe with the export...lol!

Boogiebabies said:
Never gonna happen....

The Bavarian Crest is for my mother and all of the German food she fed me growing up. I was so fat.

p99496b.jpg

:arrow: Why are you so sure C+ will never be reissued? Political choice?

I don't think it will ever happen either. At least not in the exact form it was originally made. Look at the MK I Reissue. It's pretty close to the originals but there differences. Unless the IIC+ is duplicated exactly with the same circuit board, transformers, parts, etc. it won't be the same. Since the IIC+ lead channel is considered very desireable maybe we'll see a new amp that trys to capture the lead channel of the IIC+ combined with some other modern features. Perhaps combined with a separate clean channel. That might make an interesting amp.

I'm praying that they won't reissue it. And besides, it will be very hard to pull off anyways.

Lets pull together and hope for a Mark V? :wink: 16years since the IV deputed. Bout time for a V.

Latest posts

Back