Chimey cleans?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishSasquatch

Reaction score
Hey all, i'm having some troubles getting some glassey, chimey clean tone from my 2channel dual. Think The end clean part from Blue Powder by Steve Vai. That is my dream clean tone. any EQ tips? any cloning tips? I don;t know if i can even acheive this. I hav an epi g400 w/stockj pups. the clean i ahve now is nice, but not exactly waht i;m looking for. It's extremely fat and huge sounding. I need it to get in shape

The 2 ch Dual's aren't known for their "good" clean tones.... The closest Boogie to probably get that tone is the Lonestar Special, but they don't have the distortion you want.

A Roadster or Road King II would probably get pretty close.

I have the same problem. Someone on here told me to clone the orange channel to modern which helped a little. Cutting the mids and boosting the presence also helped. Still doesn't sound great though! Also, the stock Epi p/ups are muddy as hell so they're probably not helping. Why not upgrade to a decent p/up and all aspects of your tone would improve. You could also get some coil tap on the go on your bridge bridge p/up to improve the cleans.

Botch said:
I have the same problem. Someone on here told me to clone the orange channel to modern which helped a little. Cutting the mids and boosting the presence also helped. Still doesn't sound great though! Also, the stock Epi p/ups are muddy as hell so they're probably not helping. Why not upgrade to a decent p/up and all aspects of your tone would improve. You could also get some coil tap on the go on your bridge bridge p/up to improve the cleans.
+1 on that! Also, some EL34's will get you some chime and glass on that Modern cloned, Clean, (not Variable High Gain) channel. :idea:

i like the cleans on my 2 ch dual, the biggest sound improvement i got for my clean channel was adding a reverb/delay into the loop

What exaclty do you guys mean when you say "clone" is this feature on the 2ch dual? thanks

My vote goes for lower gain preamp tubes, I've used a 5751 in v2 with great results.

Look into a modded Boss Blues Driver (BD-2). Get a stock to try first, then imagine a modded one to sound better in all respects.

My review of the Vodka modded BD-2:
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Vodka+Mods/Boss+BD-2+Plan+B+Mod/10/1

Keeley and Analog Man also do it.

Latest posts

Back