Children of bodom

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sardonicus

Reaction score
Hello all i'm new here i'm from romania and i bow now to this wonderful forum about mesa boogie amp because i have a dual rectifier myself and im proud:p...ok the problem is How do i get a children of bodom tone the old children of bodom (something wild to be exact) please help me.... :(

well i never heard that cd ,or song,,but to help out your tone try an overdrive pedal in front,i use a bbpreamp on my triplerec. and a mxr10 band in the loop,,sometimes a intelifex for delay chorus ,reverb, i think the od. pedal and eq will help you alot!also search the forums..there is ALOT of info on this board....goood luck :)

Alexi's tone comes from a Lee Jackson preamp through a VHT poweramp. Not gunna come close to that with a Mesa IMO. That setup is ALOT brighter and tighter that a recto can achieve, but i would start on your red channel using bold and silicon diode settings on the back. Be conservative with your low end, liberal with your mids and just experiment with your treble and presence. His tone is pretty bright and these ams can get a little fizzy when cranking up the high end on them. As said before, try an eq in the loop. Hope this helps.

tnx everybody ,so a overdrive pedal and a 10 band equalizer and reverb pedal from what i saw in many videos...other pedals or things you may recommend im all eyes and ears:p tnx again

I think COB are awesome, but i think his tone is :roll: BLaaahhh! im sure its not easy to get a sound like his but just turn ur gain up all the way and you will be close j/k.
On a serious note, in GW one time in an interview, and this was not a joke, "i turn my all my knobs to ten, so i can get the most equal sound out of them" or something like that. but he was being serious i think! oh well, anyways, do like the other guys said, start with an overdrive out front to, and then fine tune from there. good luck
Derek

Latest posts

Back