Check out what I just picked up for 800$

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
Earlier tonight I had started a thread about changing a combo to a head because I thought the guy had already sold this head.

Ten minutes after I started the thread, the guy called me to tell me if I wanted it I could have it for 800$.

I was practically climbing into the car as I was hanging up.

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

I talked to the guy and he told me he knew he could get a lot more for it. I told him I agreed with him. He said he would just rather not deal with Ebay and would just prefer giving someone a good deal.

He was a nice kid (he was in his early 20's, I'm 38).

Said it has been sitting in his closet for 5 years, he mainly used his JCM rig. He powered it up today to make sure it fired up, but said he couldn't garuantee there would be no problems.

My thinking was at that price I will deal with them.

I plugged it in. I love it! Understand I am in my "new gear" phase. I won't know if I truly love it for another month or two. But at the moment anyway it sounds really tight! I absolutely love the smooth distortion. Very different tone then my RoadKing. Love the Roadking too, just sayin the Mark IV is different.

The Irony is next month it will be one year since I found a guy selling a Road King for 1200 dollars who I was able to get to take 1000 for.

GIG4FUN said:
Great deals follow you! I would love to follow you around BUT be just a little ahead of you!

nice looking amp. I'd like to see a handle on it soon though :) ha-ha

I'm pricing a handle on Mojo now.

Also, can someone tell me where the RCA jacks that come off the reverb tank get connected?

He had disconnected the reverb tank. Said he was using a reverb pedal and didn't want the tank in the signal chain I guess.

But for the life of me I can not find where to plug those in. So I am reverbless at the moment.

Pull the grille off the front and look at the underside of the chassis. The grey or black cable will go to the front jack, and the white cable will go to the rear RCA jack. 8)

JOEY B. said:
Pull the grille off the front and look at the underside of the chassis. The grey or black cable will go to the front jack, and the white cable will go to the rear RCA jack. 8)

Thank you!

I now have reverb.

Clean channel on this thing sounds killer!

Congrats Primal!!
There is nothing like the feeling of a killer deal. Mark IV are apparently the holy grail from what I've read around here.That thing looks mint!
I am a new boogie owner myself and picked up my DC-5 112 combo for $399 at GC (they didn't know what they had)
Congrats again!

Shaun

DC-5 112 combo for $399 at GC (they didn't know what they had)

Well, perhaps they did....
A friend of mine saw a DC5 combo at the GC here in San Diego and he claims he talked them down to $350........
No I did not see the receipt, but doubt he's BS'ing.

I think sometimes, that if GC thinks they have too much used stuff they dump it to clear the space. :shock:

Not that I don't think you got a great deal....on the contrary; I would pay $399 in a second! :D

Maybe with the economy as it is we'll see more bargains as time goes on. It's a buyers market to be sure! :)

Take care! :)

Yeah, don't even think of playing it until you put a handle on it using the existing holes!!!! The T-nuts that are hammered into the wood underneath can and WILL fall back out and fall on your circuit board without a handle bolt there clamping it in place. The vibrations from playing the head (especially at volume) make them work themselves out. I have fixed two amps for people that brought it dead amps after thinking it would be cool to take the handles off... Trust me, it is NOT pretty.

Serious....put a handle on before you do ANYTHING else.

tubeydude said:
Yeah, don't even think of playing it until you put a handle on it using the existing holes!!!! The T-nuts that are hammered into the wood underneath can and WILL fall back out and fall on your circuit board without a handle bolt there clamping it in place. The vibrations from playing the head (especially at volume) make them work themselves out. I have fixed two amps for people that brought it dead amps after thinking it would be cool to take the handles off... Trust me, it is NOT pretty.

Excellent advice!

If you cant wait for a handle to arrive, you can always run screws with washers into the T-Nuts and gently snug them down. This will secure the T-Nuts until the handle arrives and any impression that might be made by the washers will be under the new handle.

Mongo1 said:
tubeydude said:

Excellent advice!

If you cant wait for a handle to arrive, you can always run screws with washers into the T-Nuts and gently snug them down. This will secure the T-Nuts until the handle arrives and any impression that might be made by the washers will be under the new handle.

Wow,

Thanks for the advice. I had no idea. In fact I work close to home so I went home for lunch and had it cranked.

I will do that.

jdurso said:
So a RK and a Mark IV in one year for $2000?? I hate you Primal :D

Good score man.

Actually, it was 1800 :wink:

But don't worry. Mesa's are about all I have gotten good deals on in a while when it comes to merchandise!

Mongo1 said:
tubeydude said:

Excellent advice!

You guys know what size screw it takes?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back