!! Check out the new Toy @ Mesa Boogie!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Authorized Boogie said:
dlpasco said:
barryswanson said:
Man Mesa are dragging their arse with the videos..

What I heard was that they were outed publicly over a month earlier than they expected and that they've been scrambling to get stuff together way ahead of schedule as a result.

I won't dispute that! We'll have a video for you all tomorrow afternoon....thanks!
*blows kisses.

dlpasco - thanks for posting those pics of the mkIII, brought back memories...i had a purple stripe with the export transformer, whose transformer was thicker than the pic you posted, which i assume is a stock mkIII, but not as thick as the jp2c... i had the c+ mod and vol2 mod done my mike b at mesa... miss that amp, my arms got huge lugging that combo in an anvil case...lol

can't wait for the videos! i know where my tax refund is going!! :lol:

my neighbors are gonna hate me :twisted:

a very nice thread indeed....
peace

Authorized Boogie said:
dlpasco said:
barryswanson said:
Man Mesa are dragging their arse with the videos..

What I heard was that they were outed publicly over a month earlier than they expected and that they've been scrambling to get stuff together way ahead of schedule as a result.

I won't dispute that! We'll have a video for you all tomorrow afternoon....thanks!

WOOOOO

dlpasco said:
Mark III power transformer https://cdn1.gbase.com/usercontent/gear/3402662/p2_uuu0ntlwg_ss.jpg
JP-2C power transformer http://www.mesaboogie.com/media/Amplifiers/Electric/Mark%20Series/jp2c/head/jp2c-head-back-high-rez.jpg

You can use the height of the power tubes to see the difference in the transformer sizes

The Mark III you linked looks like a SimulClass to me, which could explain the difference. You can find a similar difference in Mark IIc+ transformer sizes:

A SimulClass Mark II-something:
http://jaquetapusracing.com/forsell/back.jpg

A 60/100 Mark IIc+:
http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/mesa-boogie-mark-iic-combo-454529.jpg

Wow! that 60/100 transformer and the export voltage functions looks similar to what my mkIII had, and it was also simul-class.... heavy metal....nice

On preorder since announced, happy the vid didn't disappoint. Cant wait to play through it and see how it compares even to the mark v (wish I could compare it to an original c+ but I don't have one).

I wonder how the pull pots on this amp are hardwired- is something like "pull deep" hardwired on or off?
"All PULL SHIFTS that were possible in the original IIC+ LEAD Mode are internally set to their optimized settings based upon the historical polling of savvy MARK IIC+ aficionados, artists and the MESA Design Team."

Impressive video, I'm tempted to pull the trigger and pre order one. I'm probably going to hold off until I get feedback from board members. What is the projected delivery date for anyone that ordered when Mesa started taking orders and is there a limited run on this amp dose anyone know. Sounds amazing on the clip but then again JP is an amazing player.

EDIT : Changed my mind, I haven't stopped thinking about this amp since I posted this morning. Instead of waiting for others opinions I'm just going order Monday morning.The 3 channels overcomes shortcomings I've always felt the original has. But I just worked around it. On the off chance its not for me I'm sure it wouldn't be any problem selling it. I'm already wondering what NOS tubes would sound like in this amp but going to have to wait on that as I believe that voids the warranty.

Buster Leggs said:
Sounds amazing on the clip but then again JP is an amazing player.

JP is not my favourite player but is a GOD on guitar, I guess anything can sound amazing in the hand of JP :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A.

rich said:
On preorder since announced, happy the vid didn't disappoint. Cant wait to play through it and see how it compares even to the mark v (wish I could compare it to an original c+ but I don't have one).

I wonder how the pull pots on this amp are hardwired- is something like "pull deep" hardwired on or off?
"All PULL SHIFTS that were possible in the original IIC+ LEAD Mode are internally set to their optimized settings based upon the historical polling of savvy MARK IIC+ aficionados, artists and the MESA Design Team."

My guess on the pull pots. This is based on JP's IIC+ settings in the past, my own Mark III and what I hear from the video.

The Deep and treble shifts are always on in channel 2 and 3. In the video you can definitely hear the added lows of the deep function. And judging from JP's settings of the past, he likes this pulled. And like ch3 on the Mark V the treble shift is always on to give the sound the most gain and focus. And from what I've seen, JP always pulls this.

The bright functions I'm not sure about. I've seen JP using this both pulled and pushed, but my guess is that the bright is always on in Ch 2 and 3.

I don't think the bass shift is engaged on ch 2 and 3, since I feel this adds a somewhat "bloated" feel with high gain. And I've never seen this knob pulled on JP's C+. But this function might be engaged in the clean channel since Mesa seem to claim that all the pull functions are in the JP 2C. And I do like this function on the clean mode on my Mark III. This channel probably has both bright and the bass shift engaged.

This is just my guess and I might be wrong, but who cares. The amp sounds great!
Can't wait to get one. Too bad that the European prices are astonishingly (see what I did there?) high.

Haha nice...and that's my guess as well, which makes me super pumped. Waiting a month for this to arrive will be miserable lol

Does anyone think that having a signature model of this amp will reduce it's appeal? For example, what professional full time player who's out touring would want another guitar ace's name on the stage rig (Metallica or whoever would potentially use a IIc+ reissue)?

Even for a hack like me, who is lucky enough to have a JPXI guitar (and no, I don't do it justice) juat would not want to gig with a JP signature amp also. I am a huge JP fan but just think having too many signature things is too cheesy.

If they are professional i doubt they would care. I dont listen to johns music but i know what i like and its still a mesa head. If it was designed to the teeth with JP branding with his name in lights and geared towards his fans only then it would be a different matter, but its not.

But we all know if you take that little signature off the bottom right hand corner and its going to lose all its tone :lol:

Authorized Boogie said:
All Pull functions are on, with the exception of the Bass Shift. The other exception is that the Pull Bright on Volume 1 is on, but at a reduced level. Thanks!

Thanks for the confirmation and for quickly posting the first of a few demo videos I assume!

Is the door now open for other signature releases in the near future (e.g. Hetfield)?

rich said:
Authorized Boogie said:
All Pull functions are on, with the exception of the Bass Shift. The other exception is that the Pull Bright on Volume 1 is on, but at a reduced level. Thanks!

Thanks for the confirmation and for quickly posting the first of a few demo videos I assume!

Is the door now open for other signature releases in the near future (e.g. Hetfield)?

We'll have more video demos coming, which will feature more of the clean, low gain, and mid-gain tones the amp is capable of.

As far as signature models - it took us 47 years to release one...so I wouldn't expect a flood : )

Thanks!

Authorized Boogie said:
rich said:
Authorized Boogie said:

We'll have more video demos coming, which will feature more of the clean, low gain, and mid-gain tones the amp is capable of.

As far as signature models - it took us 47 years to release one...so I wouldn't expect a flood : )

Thanks!

Haha fair enough, gives us all time to save up anyway! Looking forward to more demos and of course receiving the amp!

Authorized Boogie said:

Cool! Thanks for the info.

So I was almost right on the pull functions. The bass shift I can live without as I only find it useful on clean sounds. All the other ones are a pretty a must to get the full C+ sound.

I'm going to order mine tomorrow. Just have to decide what to sell to cover some of the cost of this beast.

Authorized Boogie said:
That's great to hear!! My only question is about the placement of the Graphic EQ: is it placed after the FX loop like in the original IIC+ or is it placed before the loop like in the Mark V?
Thanks a lot!!

Latest posts

Back