Cheaper Celestion vintage 30 alternative?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emperor_black

Reaction score
Are there any speakers that are similar sounding like the celestion vintage 30's but cheaper? I know of the guitar warehouse speakers which have good reviews. But those are $70 brand new + Shipping. I can get a great used celestion vintage 30 for that price. Are there any others?

thanks

emperor_black said:
Are there any speakers that are similar sounding like the celestion vintage 30's but cheaper? I know of the guitar warehouse speakers which have good reviews. But those are $70 brand new + Shipping. I can get a great used celestion vintage 30 for that price. Are there any others?

thanks

Check out the Mojo BV-30V. Great speaker and the're $76 each.

GD_NC said:
emperor_black said:

thanks

Check out the Mojo BV-30V. Great speaker and the're $76 each.

FWIW - I prefer the Mojo over a Celestion V-30.

check the 'bay for Peavey Sheffield 1230's or 1290's. You might be pleasantly surprised.

thunda1216 said:
check the 'bay for Peavey Sheffield 1230's or 1290's. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Sheffield? Aren't those the ones that come stock with Peavey amps and cabs? Actually, I did not like their "open" sound when I owned one. The V30 is very tight and crisp which made me like 'em. I have warehouse British leads in my cab which are clones of celestion lead and they remind me of the sheffield's big open sound.

Warehouse Guitar Speakers (WGS) Veteran 30. It's a 'fixed' V30 clone (no mid spike). I've owned several. They always sound great! You can find them for cheap on the used market.

Hellatone speakers from avatar. they are v30s already broken in for you at a very cheap price.

Latest posts

Back