Channel switching problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
Today I was practicing with the band in our practice space and we started having power troubles, dips in current, and the circuit blew once. Well, there was one power drop and now when I play really hard in channel 2 (the channel my amp was on when the power dropped) it is now trying to switch to Channel 3 by itself. It may have been that the cable was loose on the back of the amp because it was only doing it when I was playing an open Dropped C chord while palm muting very hard. But it's never done this before, I was wondering if the power latency could have had something to do with it. I'm about to hook it back up in my house and mess with the foot switch, when i switched channels manually from the back of the amp it stayed on the correct channel. I think a power conditioner is def. going to be bought as soon as I can afford one......any thoughts besides a loose cable? Thanks guys

-AJH

Loose cable, broken/cold solder joint, broken wire inside your cable for the footswitch could all be probable without further investigation. It doesn't sound like a circuitry problem since you can manually switch to each channel. It was probably just a coincidence that this happened at the same time of the brownout(s).

If you can borrow a cable and footswitch from a store you can test it out for sure.

Greg

Oh for the power condition.....you can use an UPS for the best results (battery back up). Some will also regulate and filter the line voltage to maintain a steady 120volts. They should also be much more affordable then going with a rack unit and will afford you the time to shut the amp down.

Greg

Back