Channel comparison on older two channel Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

53crew

Reaction score
Do you guys have a hard time getting the same tone out of the Red and Orange Channels? My favorite tone is the Red channel set to vintage. It's got a great aggressive, punchy sound. When I try to dial in the same tone on the Orange vintage channel, I can get sort of close, but the orange channel still doesn't have the same punch.

I think the presence controls have a different taper. So in orange you may not be able to get quite as much cut out of the presence control as on the red channel.

Well, I know that when you switch the red channel to Vintage, the presence knob from the orange channel kicks in, and the Presence knob on the Red channel is not a tradition presence control but affects the tone stack.

Actually, looking at the schematic now, it appears the treble caps in the tone stack are different values, so I might have to change that out to get the orange channel to sound like the Red set to vintage. :? Might not be worth messin' with.

One channel (I forget which) lacks the negative feedback that the other one has.

I use the Modern setting, and when I clone the orange channel to modern, it sounds much different than the red channel on the same settings. It has more low end and low mids. I tend to like it better, but then I lack a clean channel if I do that.

I see why the 3 channel heads were created.

Latest posts

Back